- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sauté the vegetables in the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and the seasonings.
- When the vegetables are tender, put in a greased 9 inch glass pie pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until it sets up.
Inspired by: https://www.facebook.com/SimpleAndEasyRecipes
- 10 ounces dried cheese-filled tortellini (2-1/2 cups) or two 9-ounce packages refrigerated tortellini
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red or green sweet pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini in boiling salted water according to package directions, adding the carrot during the last 5 minutes of cooking and the sugar snap peas during the last 1 minute of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat margarine or butter in a 12-inch skillet.
- Add chicken and mushrooms, and cook about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet.
- Shake together chicken broth, oregano, flour, garlic, and pepper in a screw-top jar until smooth.
- Add to skillet along with milk.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; add cream cheese.
- Cook and stir until cream cheese is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Add pasta mixture, chicken mixture, tomatoes, and sweet pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Turn into an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green or red pepper strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 cups hot cooked regular long-grain white rice, cooked without salt
- Slice beef into very thin strips.
- Stir-fry beef in nonstick skillet until browned and juices evaporate.
- Mix cornstarch, broth, soy and garlic.
- Add peppers and onion.
- Add cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve over rice.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni sausage
- 16 ounces pizza sauce
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the onion, garlic and green bell pepper.
- Drain excess fat.
- Stir in the noodles, pepperoni, pizza sauce and milk, and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, top with the cheese, then bake for 5 to 10 more minutes.
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups frozen pepper and onion stir-fry mix
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk eggs, milk and garlic powder, chili powder and cumin in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large cast iron or oven-safe skillet.
- Cook frozen stir-fry vegetables in hot butter for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn to skillet.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet.
- Cook over medium heat.
- As eggs set, run a spatula to lift eggs so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting eggs until almost set.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or just until top is set and cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa.
- 8 oz small pasta
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, diced
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 oz pepperoni, halved
- 2 1/2 oz baby spinach
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 large cubanelle pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 oz olive oil
- 2 oz red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain and allow to cool.
- Place the pasta and the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- In a small bowl or dressing shaker, mix together the dressing ingredients until emulsification occurs.
- Drizzle over the salad and toss again.
- 1 pound spinach, washed
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt (I used fresh ground sea salt)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a saute pan. Add onions and peppers. Cook until slightly brown. Add garlic and cook another minute or so.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Splash on the vinegar, to taste.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve piping hot.
Source: Marks family recipe