- 3 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounce container sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh peaches, diced
- Cream the butter in a stand mixer.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, until the yolks are combined.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the mixer.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Add the rest of the flour mixer.
- Stir in the peaches,
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake at 325 for about 1 hour 30 minutes (start checking about 1 hour 20 minutes).
- Let cool in the pan 15 minutes.
- Turn out on a cake plate and let cool completely.
- 4 potatoes, sliced on a mandolin
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounce bag of cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice potatoes and onion into about 1/4 inch pieces using a mandolin.
- In a greased baking dish layer potatoes and onions, beginning with potatoes.
- In a skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the flour and whisk together.
- Let brown slightly to cook out the flour.
- Add milk and let thicken slightly.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Pour cheese sauce over the potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 1.5 hours.