7 pounds baking potatoes
Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
2 pounds bacon, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
2 sticks (1/2 pound) butter, softened
2 pints sour cream
Salt and pepper
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork; brush with oil.
- Bake until tender, 1 hour.
- Let cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sour cream; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the potatoes, bacon, scallions and cheese.
- Serve at room temperature.