- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 bag frozen spinach, well drained
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup small pasta
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, cheese, basil, onion, pepper and salt.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out meatball mixture and form into balls.
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in the meatballs, spinach, carrots and celery.
- Cook until the meatballs are done through.
- Add in the pasta and cook according to package directions.
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13434/mamas-italian-wedding-soup/
- 1 pound elbow macaroni or shells
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 pound cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta in salted, boiling water until al dente then drain.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter.
- Sprinkle in the flour and whisk to combine.
- Cook the butter/flour mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Add the milk and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the mustard and whisk to combine.
- Take about a cup of your sauce and add it to the bowl with the egg.
- Whisk as you add as to not scramble the egg.
- Transfer the sauce/egg mixture back into the pot.
- Add your cheese and stir well.
- Add in the drained pasta and stir to combine.
- Pour into a buttered 9×13 pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound bacon, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- Sauté the onions in a bit of butter or oil until they start to brown.
- Add the mushrooms cooking until they soften then move into a separate bowl.
- Heat the butter in a medium, deep skillet over medium heat.
- When the butter melts add flour and whisk, cooking about three minutes or until the flour starts to brown.
- Slowly add milk while continuing to whisk.
- Gently bring milk to a bubble while stirring frequently and allow it to thicken a bit.
- Stir in the cheese a handful at a time.
- Season sauce with pepper and mustard.
- Add the onions, mushrooms and bacon.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and coat completely.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish and brown under a hot broiler.
Inspired by: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/02/fancy-mac-and-cheese/
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 small cans mushrooms
- 1 large foil pouch of tuna
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Mix into the drained pasta.
- Put into a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour or until heated through.
Source: Marks family recipe
- 16 oz bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup peas, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente, drain.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Saute onion until clear then add garlic and continue cooking for another 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Whisk in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until smooth and the flour starts turning a golden brown.
- Pour in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in mustard and cheese.
- Continue to cook stirring occasionally until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in ham, peas and pasta.
- Pour into a greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
Adapted from: http://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/2011/05/ham-cheese-bowties/
- 10 ounces dried cheese-filled tortellini (2-1/2 cups) or two 9-ounce packages refrigerated tortellini
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red or green sweet pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini in boiling salted water according to package directions, adding the carrot during the last 5 minutes of cooking and the sugar snap peas during the last 1 minute of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat margarine or butter in a 12-inch skillet.
- Add chicken and mushrooms, and cook about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet.
- Shake together chicken broth, oregano, flour, garlic, and pepper in a screw-top jar until smooth.
- Add to skillet along with milk.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; add cream cheese.
- Cook and stir until cream cheese is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Add pasta mixture, chicken mixture, tomatoes, and sweet pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Turn into an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can diced green chiles (4 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cans green chili enchilada sauce (10 oz, each)
- 2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box Penne pasta
- Shred chicken.
- Boil pasta according to package.
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet and cook onions for 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and red pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- 3Add cooked chicken, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, and enchilada sauces.
- Let sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through.
- Slowly add the sour cream, but do not bring to a boil.
- Stir until sour cream is well mixed and heated through.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet with the cheese sauce; mix well.
- 6 slices of bacon cut into bite size pieces
- 2 chicken breasts, about 1 lb., cut into chunks
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1, 10-12 package fresh cheese tortellini, uncooked
- ½ cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2.5 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a frying pan over medium high heat cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Leave the bacon grease in the pan and add the chicken, cook for 7-8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the two cans of cream soup, milk and spices, stir to combine.
- Add in the chicken, tortellini and chicken, stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the bacon crumbles over the top and then do the same with the cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes and it’s ready to serve.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 of an onion, chopped
- 13 oz smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz can Ro-Tel tomatoes & green chiles
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 10-12 oz uncooked bowtie pasta
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 medium green onions, diced
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, add the olive oil and bring over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sausage to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until sausage is browned and onions are tender.
- Add the garlic and stir cooking for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the broth, Ro-Tel, half and half, salt, and pepper and mix together.
- Add the uncooked pasta and stir together until the liquid covers the pasta.
- Cover the skillet and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and keep covered.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Set your oven to broil and make sure one of your oven racks is in the top 1/3 of the oven.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in half of the shredded cheese.
- Transfer the pasta into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top of the pasta.
- Place the dish in the top 1/3 of the oven and broil for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the green onions on top.