|You Are French Tarragon|
You have a strong personality, and you’re not really into mellowing it out for anyone.
You are a bit offbeat and likely to be very intellectual. You can get lost studying unusual subjects.
- 1 gallon vegetable broth (not low sodium)
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 tablespoon all spice berries
- 1/2 tablespoon candied ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Boil long enough for the sugar and salt to be dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When you’re ready to brine the turkey, pour into a large, clean bucket. Add 1 gallon of heavily iced water.
- Place the turkey breast side down.
- Brine for 4-6 hours, turning the turkey once so the breast is up.
Good Eats “Romancing the Bird”
|You Should Make Bruschetta|
You love fun food, and your cooking style is just as inspired. You’re big on flavor.
You are a creative cook, and you love to experiment in the kitchen. Some of your ideas are very inspired.
I couldn’t resist… :-)
|You Are a Spoon|
You are a patient and easygoing cook. You never mind following a recipe right down to the smallest steps.
Your cooking tends to be a bit old fashioned. You don’t see any reason to mess with what has worked for centuries.