3 or 4 boneless chicken breasts
3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
3 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp of vinegar, white or cider
2-4 Tbsp brown sugar, (I use 4 tbsp or it’s too tart)
2 Tbsp corn starch
2 Tbsp cold water
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Mix remaining ingredients, except cornstarch and water and pour over chicken.
- Cook 4-6 hours on LOW.
- Next remove chicken from crockpot, cover and set aside.
- Mix 2 Tbsp cornstarch into 2 Tbsp cold water and stir into crock pot.
- Cook on HIGH for 30 more minutes.
- Stir after 30 minutes. Liquid should have thickened.
- Place chicken back in crock pot for 10 minutes to heat.
1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (12 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook until done; drain.
- In 9×13 inch baking dish, stir together macaroni, shredded Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Sprinkle topping over macaroni mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden.
Makes 6 Servings
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 (8.5 ounce) package dry corn bread mix
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn
1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, eggs, corn bread mix, whole and creamed corn and sour cream.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown.
Makes 8 Servings
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon chopped green onion
2 egg yolks, beaten
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups mashed potatoes
1 egg, beaten
Sifted dried bread crumbs
Peanut oil, enough to fill pan 1/2-inch
- Add milk, salt, pepper, chopped onion, beaten egg yolks and flour to mashed potatoes.
- Chill and then shape using an ice cream scoop.
- Dip in the beaten egg, then roll through bread crumbs.
- Fry each croquette in shallow oil until brown on all sides.