- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Melt the butter and pour into a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the milk and stir just until the dry ingredients are moist.
- Pour the batter into the pan, but don’t mix.
- Slice peaches and sprinkle 1 cup of sugar on them plus the lemon juice.
- Pour the peaches into the pan, but don’t mix.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.