- 8 tablespoons (115 g) unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 ounces (60 g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped.
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (75 g) nuts, chopped
- optional: 1/4 cup (25 g) roasted cocoa nibs
- 1/4 cup (35 g) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF (160ºC.) Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with a large rectangle of foil, leaving the overhang over the rim of the pan. Butter or spray the inside of the foil lining the pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium saucepan set over very low heat, melt the butter and the chocolate, stirring frequently, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, then mix in the eggs and the vanilla extract.
3. Stir in the nuts and cocoa nibs, if using, then the flour and salt. Scrape the mixture in the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until the brownies feel just-set in the center. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, lift the brownies out of the pan by grasping the foil overhang, the cut the brownies into squares.