- 1 pound of bacon, cut into 1′ pieces
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 2 pounds of potatoes, cut into 1/2′ pieces
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- In a large pot, fry bacon until crispy and reserve 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.
- Take the bacon out and drain on a paper towel.
- With the grease in the pot, sautee the onion and thyme until soft.
- Sprinkle the flour in and whisk together for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Add the potatoes and milk.
- Let come to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the sour cream and cheese.
Adapted from: http://sugarapron.com/2015/11/02/creamy-potato-soup/
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 bag frozen spinach, well drained
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup small pasta
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, cheese, basil, onion, pepper and salt.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out meatball mixture and form into balls.
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in the meatballs, spinach, carrots and celery.
- Cook until the meatballs are done through.
- Add in the pasta and cook according to package directions.
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13434/mamas-italian-wedding-soup/
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4-6 pounds chicken legs and thighs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown suger
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 4 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Sprinkle mixture over chicken and let sit.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken and place into a roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, water, sugar, Worcestershire, and yellow mustard.
- Pour over chicken.
- Baked covered 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Transfer liquid into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water.
- Add to liquid and let thicken.
- Pour over chicken and serve.
Adapted from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/teriyaki-pineapple-drumsticks
- 2 4 ounce cans mushrooms
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 1/2 pounds veal, cut in 1 in cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup sour cream
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid and add enough water to make 1 cup.
- Heat oil in a heavy pot and saute veal until browned.
- Push the meat to the side and add onions, cooking until soft.
- Add mushroom liquid, mushroom soup 1/2 cup wine, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer until the meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving add wine, mushrooms and sour cream.
- Heat through but do not boil.
- Serve with rice.
Source: Marks family recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can consomme
- 1/2 pound mushroom, sliced
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons burgundy wine
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Saute onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add beef, cooking until no longer red.
- Add flour, lemon juice, wine and consomme.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Serve over crepes or noodles.
Source: Marks family recipe.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni or shells
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 pound cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta in salted, boiling water until al dente then drain.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter.
- Sprinkle in the flour and whisk to combine.
- Cook the butter/flour mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Add the milk and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the mustard and whisk to combine.
- Take about a cup of your sauce and add it to the bowl with the egg.
- Whisk as you add as to not scramble the egg.
- Transfer the sauce/egg mixture back into the pot.
- Add your cheese and stir well.
- Add in the drained pasta and stir to combine.
- Pour into a buttered 9×13 pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- 2 whole garlic ears
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 8 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 bunch, fresh chives, finely chopped
- 8-12 slices bacon
- Slice the top off of each ear of garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in foil tent and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- While garlic is roasting, remove excess fat from pork tenderloins.
- Butterfly the tenderloins by cutting lengthwise down the middle
- being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Cover with plastic wrap and pound with mallet till ½ to ¾ inch thick.
- When garlic is done, squeeze the roasted cloves out onto the tenderloins and spread into the meat.
- Divide cream cheese in half and spread over the tenderloins.
- Spread chives over the cream cheese.
- Roll the tenderloins up and wrap with bacon, securing the bacon in place with toothpicks.
- Smoke the tenderloins indirect at 250-275 for 75-90 minutes until the bacon is done and the pork has reached at least a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 pound bacon
- Whisk the soy sauce, Marsala, Worcestershire, mustard, hot sauce and olive oil together.
- Put the pork in a gallon bag and pour the marinade over it, reserving about a quarter cup.
- Let the pork marinate 3 hours to overnight.
- Wrap the tenderloin in bacon and cook according to your grill’s instructions.
Adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alexandra-guarnaschelli/breaded-chicken-marsala-recipe.html