- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup onions, minced
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- In a large bowl combine rice, macaroni, eggs, onion and carrots.
- In a separate bowl combine dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the macaroni and rice mixture.
- Toss to combine thoroughly.
Source: Reprinted in the Cleveland Plain Dealer
48 Hershey Kisses
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 375 and remove wrappers from chocolates.
Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and cool completely.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon anise
- Pizzelle maker
- Beat the eggs.
- Add the remaining ingredients one at a time. Beat until combined.
- Spoon batter into each plate of the pizzelle maker.
- Cook approximately 1 minute or until they stop steaming.
Source: Pizzelle maker recipe.
- 8 slices bacon cut in 1 inch pieces
- 6 medium red potatoes cut in 1/2 in cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 ounce can of corn, drained
- In a large pot, saute the bacon until crisp.
- Add the potatoes and onions.
- Stir occasionally until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season as desired with salt and pepper.
Adapted from: Some random Land of Lakes (1987) subscription cookbook