- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 bag frozen spinach, well drained
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup small pasta
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, cheese, basil, onion, pepper and salt.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out meatball mixture and form into balls.
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in the meatballs, spinach, carrots and celery.
- Cook until the meatballs are done through.
- Add in the pasta and cook according to package directions.
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13434/mamas-italian-wedding-soup/
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Melt the butter and pour into a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the milk and stir just until the dry ingredients are moist.
- Pour the batter into the pan, but don’t mix.
- Slice peaches and sprinkle 1 cup of sugar on them plus the lemon juice.
- Pour the peaches into the pan, but don’t mix.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
- 3 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounce container sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh peaches, diced
- Cream the butter in a stand mixer.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, until the yolks are combined.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the mixer.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Add the rest of the flour mixer.
- Stir in the peaches,
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake at 325 for about 1 hour 30 minutes (start checking about 1 hour 20 minutes).
- Let cool in the pan 15 minutes.
- Turn out on a cake plate and let cool completely.
- 4 potatoes, sliced on a mandolin
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounce bag of cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice potatoes and onion into about 1/4 inch pieces using a mandolin.
- In a greased baking dish layer potatoes and onions, beginning with potatoes.
- In a skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the flour and whisk together.
- Let brown slightly to cook out the flour.
- Add milk and let thicken slightly.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Pour cheese sauce over the potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 1.5 hours.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons dried basil
- 4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour over chicken and let marinate up to 24 hours.
- Grill chicken, discarding leftover marinade.
Adapted from: http://www.momontimeout.com/2016/05/the-best-chicken-marinade-recipe/
- 1 large loaf sliced white bread
- 1 onion
- 6 ribs of celery with leaves
- 2-3 bunches of flat leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of cold water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut the bread into cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Add to the bread.
- Dice the onion and saute in butter until translucent.
- Dice the celery and add to the onions.
- Add the water to the celery and onions.
- Add the salt and pepper to the bread and parsley.
- Add the eggs, onion and celery to the bread and parsley.
- Mix well using your hands.
- Pack the stuffing into your bird, making sure to pack tightly.
- Cook until the meat is done.
Source: Elek family recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cold
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, cold
- Chill your whisk attachment and bowl in the freezer.
- In a stand mixer, cream the cream cheese.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until well combined and no longer grainy.
- Whisk your whipped cream in the chilled bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Mix about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully fold the rest of the whipped cream in.