- 3 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounce container sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh peaches, diced
- Cream the butter in a stand mixer.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, until the yolks are combined.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the mixer.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Add the rest of the flour mixer.
- Stir in the peaches,
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake at 325 for about 1 hour 30 minutes (start checking about 1 hour 20 minutes).
- Let cool in the pan 15 minutes.
- Turn out on a cake plate and let cool completely.
- 4 potatoes, sliced on a mandolin
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounce bag of cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice potatoes and onion into about 1/4 inch pieces using a mandolin.
- In a greased baking dish layer potatoes and onions, beginning with potatoes.
- In a skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the flour and whisk together.
- Let brown slightly to cook out the flour.
- Add milk and let thicken slightly.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Pour cheese sauce over the potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 1.5 hours.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour over chicken and let marinate up to 24 hours.
- Grill chicken, discarding leftover marinade.
Adapted from: http://www.momontimeout.com/2016/05/the-best-chicken-marinade-recipe/
- 1 large loaf sliced white bread
- 1 onion
- 6 ribs of celery with leaves
- 2-3 bunches of flat leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of cold water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut the bread into cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Add to the bread.
- Dice the onion and saute in butter until translucent.
- Dice the celery and add to the onions.
- Add the water to the celery and onions.
- Add the salt and pepper to the bread and parsley.
- Add the eggs, onion and celery to the bread and parsley.
- Mix well using your hands.
- Pack the stuffing into your bird, making sure to pack tightly.
- Cook until the meat is done.
Source: Elek family recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cold
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, cold
- Chill your whisk attachment and bowl in the freezer.
- In a stand mixer, cream the cream cheese.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until well combined and no longer grainy.
- Whisk your whipped cream in the chilled bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Mix about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully fold the rest of the whipped cream in.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter (at room temperature)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a stand mixer, whip together the sugar and the butter.
- Add in the cream cheese and whip together for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and peanut butter and whip together for another 1-3 minutes.
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounce container of sour cream
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 water
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box chocolate pudding
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixer, beat together eggs and sour cream.
- When well combined, mix in the oil and water.
- Add cake mix and pudding and mix.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Pour into a prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- 20 ounce brownie mix (to make enough for a 9×13 pan)
- Ingredients for brownie mix (oil, water, egg)
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Bake brownies according to package directions.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together.
- Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownies.
- Spread the pie filling on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with chocolate chips.