1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar (divided)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup boiling water
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker coated well with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In the microwave, melt peanut butter for about 30 seconds, and then add to the mix along with milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir really well to combine.
- Spread this mixture into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cocoa powder, the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1 cup boiling water.
- Pour this evenly over the peanut butter batter in your cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours, or until the top has set and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake sit uncovered in an unplugged crockpot for about 20 minutes, then serve warm in dessert bowls.