- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, molasses and egg in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Gently beat together until well blended.
- For each cookie, shape a generous tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- 1 ounce dried mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup chicken stock, heated
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fresh crimini mushrooms, chopped
- Place mushrooms in a bowl and pour the boiling water over them.
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and sweat until they start to turn translucent in color.
- Add rice and stir until all the grains are covered with oil.
- To the rice, add the stock and wine.
- Remove the mushrooms from their liquid, reserving the liquid, and chop them roughly.
- Add the mushrooms with their liquid to the pot.
- Add salt, raise heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir well and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring once more after 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and cheese.
Adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dave-lieberman/creamy-mushroom-risotto-with-rosemary-grilled-pork-tenderloin-recipe.html
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 pound bacon
- Whisk the soy sauce, Marsala, Worcestershire, mustard, hot sauce and olive oil together.
- Put the pork in a gallon bag and pour the marinade over it, reserving about a quarter cup.
- Let the pork marinate 3 hours to overnight.
- Wrap the tenderloin in bacon and cook according to your grill’s instructions.
Adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alexandra-guarnaschelli/breaded-chicken-marsala-recipe.html
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Place the sugar, butter and lime juice in the a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Stir over medium-high heat until the butter melts.
- Temper 1/4 cup of the hot lime mixture into the eggs, mixing well.
- Reduce heat to medium until the water simmers.
- Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the lime mixture.
- Cook until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator in a glass jar.
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fresh-lime-curd/