- 1 ounce dried mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup chicken stock, heated
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fresh crimini mushrooms, chopped
- Place mushrooms in a bowl and pour the boiling water over them.
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and sweat until they start to turn translucent in color.
- Add rice and stir until all the grains are covered with oil.
- To the rice, add the stock and wine.
- Remove the mushrooms from their liquid, reserving the liquid, and chop them roughly.
- Add the mushrooms with their liquid to the pot.
- Add salt, raise heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir well and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring once more after 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and cheese.