- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimentos
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6-ounce) box long-grain wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat butter or oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients except cole slaw mix in a large bowl and combine well.
- Add the cole slaw mix and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
Adapted from: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-cole-slaw-294620
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the onion, celery, and green pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in macaroni.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (we use Miracle Whip)
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce (we use Kraft)
- 2-3 shakes tabasco
- 16 ounces imitation crab or lobster (we use a mixture)
- Cube the seafood and then do a rough chop of the cubes.
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and horseradish in a stand mixer. Add the tabasco to taste.
- Fold in the seafood.
- Chill until flavors meld, usually a couple hours. Serve with crackers or raw vegetables.
Source: Marks family recipe