- 1 pound of bacon, cut into 1′ pieces
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 2 pounds of potatoes, cut into 1/2′ pieces
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- In a large pot, fry bacon until crispy and reserve 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.
- Take the bacon out and drain on a paper towel.
- With the grease in the pot, sautee the onion and thyme until soft.
- Sprinkle the flour in and whisk together for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Add the potatoes and milk.
- Let come to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the sour cream and cheese.
Adapted from: http://sugarapron.com/2015/11/02/creamy-potato-soup/
- 3 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounce container sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh peaches, diced
- Cream the butter in a stand mixer.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, until the yolks are combined.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the mixer.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Add the rest of the flour mixer.
- Stir in the peaches,
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake at 325 for about 1 hour 30 minutes (start checking about 1 hour 20 minutes).
- Let cool in the pan 15 minutes.
- Turn out on a cake plate and let cool completely.
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounce container of sour cream
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 water
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box chocolate pudding
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixer, beat together eggs and sour cream.
- When well combined, mix in the oil and water.
- Add cake mix and pudding and mix.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Pour into a prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- 2 4 ounce cans mushrooms
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 1/2 pounds veal, cut in 1 in cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup sour cream
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid and add enough water to make 1 cup.
- Heat oil in a heavy pot and saute veal until browned.
- Push the meat to the side and add onions, cooking until soft.
- Add mushroom liquid, mushroom soup 1/2 cup wine, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer until the meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving add wine, mushrooms and sour cream.
- Heat through but do not boil.
- Serve with rice.
Source: Marks family recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can consomme
- 1/2 pound mushroom, sliced
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons burgundy wine
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Saute onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add beef, cooking until no longer red.
- Add flour, lemon juice, wine and consomme.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Serve over crepes or noodles.
Source: Marks family recipe.
- 8 slices bacon cut in 1 inch pieces
- 6 medium red potatoes cut in 1/2 in cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 ounce can of corn, drained
- In a large pot, saute the bacon until crisp.
- Add the potatoes and onions.
- Stir occasionally until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season as desired with salt and pepper.
Adapted from: Some random Land of Lakes (1987) subscription cookbook