- 2 4 ounce cans mushrooms
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 1/2 pounds veal, cut in 1 in cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup sour cream
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid and add enough water to make 1 cup.
- Heat oil in a heavy pot and saute veal until browned.
- Push the meat to the side and add onions, cooking until soft.
- Add mushroom liquid, mushroom soup 1/2 cup wine, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer until the meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving add wine, mushrooms and sour cream.
- Heat through but do not boil.
- Serve with rice.
Source: Marks family recipe