- 1 pound of bacon, cut into 1′ pieces
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 2 pounds of potatoes, cut into 1/2′ pieces
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- In a large pot, fry bacon until crispy and reserve 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.
- Take the bacon out and drain on a paper towel.
- With the grease in the pot, sautee the onion and thyme until soft.
- Sprinkle the flour in and whisk together for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Add the potatoes and milk.
- Let come to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the sour cream and cheese.
Adapted from: http://sugarapron.com/2015/11/02/creamy-potato-soup/
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 bag frozen spinach, well drained
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup small pasta
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, cheese, basil, onion, pepper and salt.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out meatball mixture and form into balls.
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in the meatballs, spinach, carrots and celery.
- Cook until the meatballs are done through.
- Add in the pasta and cook according to package directions.
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13434/mamas-italian-wedding-soup/