- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Pour melted butter over and stir until mixture comes together.
- Lightly grease sides and bottom of a nine inch springform pan.
- Press crumbs on bottom and two inches of sides of the pan.
- In a mixer, combine cream cheese, lemon peel, eggs, sugar and salt and beat until blended.
- Once blended beat the mixture for 10 minutes until mixture is smooth, creamy and pale.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Cook 50 minutes in an oven heated to 350 degrees until cake is set and top feels firm.
- Let cake sit in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- The cake will continue to set and may crack on top.
- While the cake is cooling mix together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour topping over the cheesecake and bake another 10-12 minutes.
- Refrigerate until cold.