3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 large eggs
2 cups puréed bananas (from about 4 bananas)
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 17-ounce jar caramel sauce
2 tablespoons dark rum
2 bananas, peeled, sliced
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap outside of 9-inch diameter springform pan with 3-inch -high sides with heavy-duty foil.
- Combine flour, pecans, butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in cornstarch.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just blended after each addition.
- Add puréed banana, sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat just until combined.
- Transfer filling to crust-lined pan.
- Place pan in large roasting pan.
- Add enough hot water to roasting pan to come 1 inch up sides of springform pan.
- Bake until center of cake is just set, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- Mix together sour cream, sugar and vanilla in small bowl until well blended.
- Spread topping over cheesecake.
- Bake until topping is set, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off oven.
- Let cake stand in oven until cooled to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Refrigerate cake until well chilled.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut around cake to loosen; remove pan sides.
- Transfer cake to platter.
- Warm caramel sauce in small saucepan over low heat, stirring often.
- Mix in rum.
- Drizzle some sauce decoratively over cake.
- Arrange bananas top cake.
Makes 10 Servings
1 1/2 lb uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
15 oz canned black beans
15 oz canned yellow corn
16 oz salsa
8 oz cream cheese
- Put frozen chicken breasts in crockpot.
- Cover with can of drained black beans, can of drained corn and jar of salsa.
- Cook on high 4-6 hours or until chicken is cooked.
- Place block of cream cheese on top and cook for additional 1/2 hour.
- Stir melted cheese into rest of ingredients before serving.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Makes 6 Servings
1 lb chicken
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cup onions, sliced
2 tbl paprika
1 cup chicken stock
8 oz sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450
- Place onions, chicken, broth, and paprika into a baking pan.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken and place in serving dish.
- Thicken the juice from chicken with flour and cold water if need be.
- Add the sour cream.
Makes 5 Servings
1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup garlic and herb seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup dry potato flakes
1 medium onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium bowl, mix salmon, eggs, bread crumbs, potato flakes, onion, garlic, and seasonings.
- Form the mixture into 2 inch balls, and flatten into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- In batches, cook patties about 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
Makes 5 Servings
2-3/4 medium potatoes, sliced
2-1/2 ounces sliced bacon
5 ounces processed American cheese, sliced
1/8 onion, chopped
1/3 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon black olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Put sliced potatoes into a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- At the same time, place bacon in a large deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together the potatoes, cheese, onion, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Crumble bacon over the top, and sprinkle with olives.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
Makes Four Servings