1 cup Guinness
1 stick, plus 1 tb, unsalted butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups dark brown sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tb vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
8 oz cream cheese
1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350; butter a muffin tin.
- Combine the Guinness and the butter, chopped into 1-inch chunks, in a large sauce pan, and heat to melt the butter.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in the cocoa and sugar.
- In a bowl, whisk the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla, then add to the beer mixture.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda, and fold into the batter.
- Pour into muffin molds and bake for 25 minutes, or until inserted cake tester comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes, remove from muffin tin, and cool completely on a rack.
- Using a mixer, whip cream cheese until smooth, sift in sugar, and beat.
- Add milk, and beat until smooth.
- Spread glaze over cooled cupcakes.