Creamy Bow Ties with Sausage and Tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground sweet Italian sausage
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
1/2 cup diced onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can Italian plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoons salt
12 ounce bow tie pasta
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and pepper flakes.
- Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream and salt.
- Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water to desired doneness.
- Serve on a plate or flat bowl with cream mixture.
- Top with fresh grated parmesan and parsley.
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie
1 package of Nestle Chocolate Chip Shortbread cookies, thawed
1/2 jar of Smuckers Fudge ice cream topping
1 pint of chocolate chip ice-cream
1 container (8 ounces) Chocolate flavor Cool Whip
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll out the cookie dough to fit in a 9 inch pie plate (a deep dish one works well).
- Cool completely.
- Spoon the fudge topping into the crust.
- Freeze until hard.
- Soften ice cream and spread in crust.
- Freeze until hard.
- Spread Cool Whip over pie.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
The possibilities for this pie are limitless, try Pecan Shortbread cookies, butter pecan ice-cream, caramel ice-cream topping and French vanilla Cool Whip, top with pecans.
Cheesy Ranch Chicken Loaf
1.5 pounds ground chicken or turkey
2-3 cups ranch flavored tortilla chips, finely crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/3 cup ranch dressing
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1 package dry ranch salad dressing mix
3 shakes of hot sauce
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Bake covered for an hour or until it reads 170F on a thermometer.
- The last 5 minutes of baking, uncover so it can brown.
- Serve with ranch dressing on the side
3/4 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup butter, melted
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix the cornflake crumbs, Parmesan cheese and Cheddar cheese.
- Dip the chicken breasts in the melted butter, and roll them in the cornflake crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Makes 8 Servings
1-1/4 teaspoons butter
1/8 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, partially thawed
1/8 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/4 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 tablespoon and 2-1/4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
garlic salt to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the spinach and artichoke hearts.
- Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese and sour cream into the spinach mixture.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Makes 6 Servings
8 large potatoes, cubed
1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
6 cup water
2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour, mixed with water
- Place potatoes, onions, butter, bouillon, parsley, and water in the slow cooker/Crock Pot and cook all day on low to medium.
- 1/2 hour to one hour before serving; add milk and flour mixture.
- After the soup thickens, it is ready to serve.
Makes 6 Servings