- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Place the sugar, butter and lime juice in the a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Stir over medium-high heat until the butter melts.
- Temper 1/4 cup of the hot lime mixture into the eggs, mixing well.
- Reduce heat to medium until the water simmers.
- Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the lime mixture.
- Cook until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator in a glass jar.
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fresh-lime-curd/
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced parsley or 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Tear a large square of heavy-duty aluminum foil and place the salmon in the center.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush the fish liberally with this mixture.
- Bring up two sides of the foil until they meet in the middle. Fold over the top 1″ of the foil, then keep folding over until the foil is flush against the top of the fish. Roll one open end over the same way.
- Pour the remaining butter in the other open end, then roll over to seal. Poke 2-3 holes in the top of the foil with the tip of a knife or a skewer.
- Place the packet on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in an oven set to 350 for about 30 minutes.
1 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups white sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
2 tsp rum
1 tbsp grated key lime zest
2 tsp key lime juice
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp key lime juice
3 tbsp rum
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup shortening and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk mixing just until incorporated.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons rum, key lime zest, 2 teaspoons key lime juice,vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 90 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn it out onto wire rack.
- While warm, prick top of cake with toothpick pour key lime glaze over warm cake.
- Cool completely.
To make Key Lime Daiquiri Glaze:
- In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter and 2 tablespoons key lime juice.
- Bring to boil.
- Continue to boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons of rum.