- 2 pounds apples (I use whatever kind I have on hand)
- 1 1/3 cups apple juice (you can use water as well)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional, to taste)
- Peel and core your apples then chop them into pieces.
- Combine the juice, vanilla, sugar, honey and spices in a bowl and mix until disolved (as best you can).
- Combine the apples and liquid mixture in a large pot.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until the apples get mushy and the liquid is reduced.
- Use a blender to puree the applesauce to the desired consistency being careful not to overfill the blender carafe. A stick blender would work well, too.
Source: My kitchen as inspired by my grandmother
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs (you should get about 8 thighs per package)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix spices together and set aside.
- Mix honey and cider vinegar and set aside.
- Un-tuck chicken thighs so they are flat. Cover both sides in seasoning, set flat onto sheet pan.
- Put under broiler
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on one side and flip. Cook for a 5-7 minutes on other side.
- Flip again and then baste the chicken in honey/cider mixture. Be sure to really get the chicken covered.
- Add to oven again and let it cook under the broiler for a few minutes until the honey starts to thicken up and glaze.
- Take chicken out of oven and let rest for a few minutes.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 6 pork chops
- Place pork chops into a large resealable bag.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and pepper. Puree until the garlic has been finely chopped. Pour this mixture over the pork chops.
- Seal, and marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Transfer the pork chops and marinade to a baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven until the sauce has reduced, and the pork is no longer pink in the center, about 25 minutes.