- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Place the sugar, butter and lime juice in the a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Stir over medium-high heat until the butter melts.
- Temper 1/4 cup of the hot lime mixture into the eggs, mixing well.
- Reduce heat to medium until the water simmers.
- Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the lime mixture.
- Cook until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator in a glass jar.
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fresh-lime-curd/