- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, molasses and egg in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Gently beat together until well blended.
- For each cookie, shape a generous tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool on a wire rack.