- 1 cup water
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3-4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the water, butter, salt and sugar in a sauce pan.
- When the mixture is fully incorporated, add flour.
- Stir until the mixture forms into a ball and cook some of the moisture out.
- Place in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Let beat for a minute to let the dough cool slightly.
- Add eggs one at a time until you get a shiny dough.
- Using a piping bag, pipe dough into small mounds on parchment paper.
- Combine the remaining egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Brush the egg wash onto the dough and knock down any tips there maybe.
- Bake at 425 degress for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake another 20 minutes until the cream puffs are puffed up and golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and poke a hole in the side to let out excess steam.
- Move to a cooling rack.
- When cooled fill with your favorite filling.