- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green or red pepper strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 cups hot cooked regular long-grain white rice, cooked without salt
- Slice beef into very thin strips.
- Stir-fry beef in nonstick skillet until browned and juices evaporate.
- Mix cornstarch, broth, soy and garlic.
- Add peppers and onion.
- Add cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve over rice.