- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 of an onion, chopped
- 13 oz smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz can Ro-Tel tomatoes & green chiles
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 10-12 oz uncooked bowtie pasta
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 medium green onions, diced
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, add the olive oil and bring over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sausage to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until sausage is browned and onions are tender.
- Add the garlic and stir cooking for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the broth, Ro-Tel, half and half, salt, and pepper and mix together.
- Add the uncooked pasta and stir together until the liquid covers the pasta.
- Cover the skillet and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and keep covered.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Set your oven to broil and make sure one of your oven racks is in the top 1/3 of the oven.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in half of the shredded cheese.
- Transfer the pasta into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top of the pasta.
- Place the dish in the top 1/3 of the oven and broil for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the green onions on top.