- 1 whole chicken or chicken parts
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 stick of butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Clean excess fat off the chicken but do not remove the skin and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, lime juice, garlic, sugar, ginger, red pepper and salt.
- Whisk to combine.
- Put your chicken in a large container or bag to marinade and pour the marinade over it.
- Let sit in the refridgerator for a few hours to overnight turning at least once.
- Prepare the butter by combining the butter, cilantro, ginger, lime zest and juice in a bowl.
- Set aside in the refrigerator to firm up.
- When you are ready to grill your chicken, remove the meat from the marinade and shake dry.
- Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the butter under the skin.
- Cook according to your grill instructions.
Source: My kitchen