- 4 potatoes, sliced on a mandolin
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounce bag of cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice potatoes and onion into about 1/4 inch pieces using a mandolin.
- In a greased baking dish layer potatoes and onions, beginning with potatoes.
- In a skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the flour and whisk together.
- Let brown slightly to cook out the flour.
- Add milk and let thicken slightly.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Pour cheese sauce over the potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 1.5 hours.