- 1 large loaf sliced white bread
- 1 onion
- 6 ribs of celery with leaves
- 2-3 bunches of flat leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of cold water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut the bread into cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Add to the bread.
- Dice the onion and saute in butter until translucent.
- Dice the celery and add to the onions.
- Add the water to the celery and onions.
- Add the salt and pepper to the bread and parsley.
- Add the eggs, onion and celery to the bread and parsley.
- Mix well using your hands.
- Pack the stuffing into your bird, making sure to pack tightly.
- Cook until the meat is done.
Source: Elek family recipe