- 2 good sized chicken breasts
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
- 3/4 cup of Italian Blend shredded cheese
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel and reserve the rendered fat.
- In the same skillet, brown the onions.
- Drain off the excess fat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a flat bowl, crush the crackers and season with Italian seasoning and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the mustard and the egg and set aside.
- In yet another bowl, combine the bacon, cheese and onion.
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast and stuff with the bacon mixture.
- Dip in the egg and then dredge in the crackers.
- In a 400 degree oven, bake the chicken 30-40 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees.
Source: My kitchen