- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 pound bacon
- 8 ounce bag spinach
- 4 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup ham, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil
- chicken rub or seasoning
- In a skillet, briefly saute the garlic in olive oil.
- Add the spinach and cook until it is wilted down.
- Drain the excess moisture from the spinach.
- In the same skillet, add a bit more olive oil and saute the mushrooms.
- In a separate bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms, cheese, ham and pepper.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast and season with pepper and the chicken seasoning.
- Stuff the filling into the breasts.
- Wrap each breast with bacon (2-3 strips).
- Bake or grill until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Adapted from: http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/detail/304