- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut into pieces
- 1/2 pound green beans, cleaned and halved
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns
- Clean and cut all vegetables and set aside.
- In a large pot, boil 6, 1 pint canning jars and rings.
- In another pot, combine the garlic, vinegar, water, salt, sugar and spices and bring to a boil.
- Pack the vegetables into the jars layering as desired.
- Pour brine into the jars, tapping them gently to remove air bubbles.
- Cover with a lid and screw on the ring.
- Let cool and then refrigerate about a week before eating.
Source: My kitchen