- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 small onions, sliced thinly
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped parsley (dry is fine)
- 2/3 cup oil (traditionally vegetable, but EVOO works too)
- 1/3 cup vinegar (traditionally white, but you can use your favorite kind)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Place half of the tomatoes in a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- Add half of the onions.
- Sprinkle on half of the parsley.
- Repeat with the remaining vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, adjusting to your personal tastes.
- Refrigerate several hours.
Source: Elek family recipe