- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 pounds chicken legs and thighs
- Chicken rub (we like Weber’s Kickin’ Chicken”)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5th bottle of bourbon
- Preheat the grill to 250.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and brown sugar and whisk to mix.
- Coat the chicken on all sides with the mustard slather sauce
- Season with the chicken rub.
- In another bowl, combine the beef broth, soy sauce, and bourbon, then pour into a clean spray bottle.
- Place the meat directly on the grill grate.
- Cook for about 1 hour, or until the internal temperature 140, spraying with the bourbon sauce every 20 minutes.
- Transfer the meat to a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bring up the edges of the foil and add whatever remains of the bourbon sauce.
- Bring the opposite sides of the foil together and fold several times, tightly enclosing the meat.
- Return the foil packet to the grill grate.
- Continue to cook the chicken until the internal temperature is 165, about 1 hour more.
- Let the meat rest for 15 minutes, still enclosed in the foil, then open carefully.
Adapted from: http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/detail/298