- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 pounds round steak, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1.5 cups ketchup
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cups warm water
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Toss the steak in the flour mixture to coat.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the beef until brown on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook until just starting to brown.
- Stir the ketchup and water into the skillet.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, about 1 hour.
Source: Marks family recipe