- 2.5 cups bread, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter a baking dish.
- Put the bread in the dish.
- Beat the eggs slightly and whisk in the sugar and salt.
- Heat the milk over medium-low heat.
- Add in the butter and stir until it has melted.
- Tempter the milk mixture into the egg mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour over the bread.
- Put the baking dish into a water bath.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Source: Elek family recipe.