- 3 cups day-old bread cubes (Challah or Brioche would work well)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped and divided
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 325.
- Spread the bread on a cookie sheet and toast lightly for about 10 minutes.
- Combine bread, bananas, 1/2 of the peanuts and chocolate chips in a greased 9-inch square baking dish; toss to mix.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in medium bowl over a pot of simmering water until well blended.
- Pour over the bread mixture.
- Let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining peanuts on top.
- Bake in the center of the oven about 40 minutes, depending on how set you want it.
Source: Inspired by various recipes around the web and my own tinkering