- 4 eggs, separated, at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk, lukewarm
- powdered sugar for dusting cake
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease and line 8 inch x 8 inch baking dish with parchment.
- Separate eggs.
- Add the egg whites to a mixer and to stiff peaks and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until light.
- Add butter and vanilla and beat for two mins.
- Add the flour and mix it in until fully incorporated.
- Slowly start adding the milk and beat until everything is well mixed.
- Add the egg whites, a third at a time, gently folding them in using a spatula.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for approx 60 minutes or until the top is lightly golden.
- Cool and dust heavily with powdered sugar.