- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Heath Bar pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine Heath Bar pieces and chopped walnuts and set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, and vanilla.
- Alternating, mix in the Heath Bar mixture and the flour mixture, a third at a time, until well blended.
- Chill cookie dough for at least 30 minutes (better an hour or longer).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or Silpat, spoon out the cookie dough in small 1-inch diameter balls.
- Place dough balls 3 inches away from each other on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.