- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup heaping cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened to the point of melting
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the egg, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt–mix in until just incorporated.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Cover your mixing bowl with cling-wrap and stick it in the fridge for at least two hours prior to baking.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Remove your dough from the fridge and use an ice cream scoop to create 2.5-inch mounds of dough.
- You will want to mound these higher rather than wide in order to create that tall, puffiness you desire.
- Place dough mounds 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies in oven for 8-10 minutes, until edges and top of cookies are set but the centers appear slightly underbaked.
- Remove sheet from oven–allow cookies to cool for an additional 10 minutes on stovetop.