- 4 cups whole milk
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of your favorite jelly, jam, or preserves
- 8 cups coarsely chopped bread
- Unsalted butter, for greasing pan
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Lightly butter a 13 by-9-inch baking pan.
- Put 2 cups milk, the eggs, peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt into a blender and blend until smooth, taking care that the peanut butter is thoroughly emulsified into the mixture.
- Pour into a large bowl, then whisk in the remaining 2 cups milk.
- Stir in the bread and set aside to soak for about 10 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Place spoonfuls of your favorite jelly, jam, or preserves around the bread mixture, pushing them in a bit with your spoon.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the pudding is browned, puffed, and a little firm.