- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimentos
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6-ounce) box long-grain wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat butter or oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving.