- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced or shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup corn
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the bacon in a large sauce pan until crispy, set aside on paper towels to drain and pour off the excess grease.
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium heat, add onion and jalapeño peppers and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, bacon, chicken and beans and simmer for 15 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the corn, cream cheese and cheddar cheese and stir it in until the cheeses melt.