- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 and blind bake your crust for about 8 minutes.
- Defrost the spinach and drain well.
- After it has drained, wrap the spinach in a few layers of paper towel and squeeze to remove the last remaining moisture.
- After partially baking your pie crust, reduce the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the onion in a small pan and sauté with the butter until the onions are soft and translucent and cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the drained spinach and sautéed onion evenly into the bottom of the partially-baked pie crust.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the spinach and onions.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add cream, salt, nutmeg and cayenne pepper and whisk to fully combine the custard mixture.
- Pour or ladle the custard over the spinach and cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes more, or until a knife inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean.
- Let cool until the quiche sets up a bit (about 30 minutes) and serve in wedges.