- 2 lbs yellow potatoes,
- 1 can cream of mushroom, chicken or celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash potatoes and slice 1/4″ thick (no need to peel).
- Drop into boiling water for 5 minutes.
- During the last minute, add sliced onions to the water.
- Meanwhile, combine soup and milk in a bowl.
- Microwave until hot.
- Put a little bit of the soup mixture in the bottom of a greased 2qt casserole dish.
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes, 1/2 of the soup mixture and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.