- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced pepperoni sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Allow frozen bread dough to thaw approximately 8 hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Place dough in a large, lightly greased bowl.
- Place bowl in a warm location, and allow dough to rise until doubled (2 to 3 hours).
- Punch down dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 .
- On a lightly greased, large baking sheet, roll dough into an approximately 12×18 inch rectangle.
- Brush dough lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with basil, onion flakes and oregano.
- Layer with pepperoni to within a half inch of the edges.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Beginning with the longest edge, roll dough into a thin cylinder and seal seam.
- Glaze with egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Note: Feel free to experiment with your favorite pizza flavors or other meat/cheese combinations.