- 2 chicken breasts
- 4-6 medium-sized carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- 6 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- handful chopped parsley
- Put chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and seasonings in to a large stockpot and then add enough chicken broth to cover the chicken breasts and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and simmer about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts and set aside on a plate or cutting board.
- When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken into bite size pieces using forks or your hands.
- Skim the liquid of any fats and debris.
- Stir in the chicken, potatoes and corn.
- Simmer for another 20-30 minutes.
- Check for seasoning then add in the heavy cream and chopped parsley.